Sunday, July 10, 2016

Summer Hobbies and Projects

Hi guys! Today I'm going to talk about some new summer hobbies and projects that i've started recently.

My mom took me to Hobby Lobby a few days ago and I got a plain white shirt, some gems, and a hot iron tool. So I can custom make some shirts. I tried it the other day and it was pretty fun. I can also make patterns to put on transfer paper and then iron it on the shirt. I have special glue that works on things that aren't fabric.

My next summer project also involves clothes. I have a few clothes that don't really fit very well. So I'm going to adjust them so that they fit better. I have some dress straps to fix, a dress to turn into a shirt, and some pants I need to fix.

Lastly, I have two pillows to cover to match my room. I already sewed a cover for a third pillow. Another project I have to work on is making curtains for my closet. We got a really pretty fabric to make into curtains but we still need to get a curtain rod.

When these projects are done I think I'll like them a lot. I like that the pillows and curtains will make my room look better. I'm also looking forward to new clothes. I think my summer will be less boring with these projects. They should keep me occupied until school starts again.

1 comment:

  1. These sound like great projects!!! I hope you post photos and updates!

    ReplyDelete