Sunday, November 17, 2013

Recipes

Recipes

Hello everybody! Today I am going to tell you about my moms recipe book.

It's always been the big blue binder. If someone told me to go get the big blue binder, i'd probably know what they were talking about. The big blue binder has online copies, and family recipes. I made a huge thing of mac and cheese today from a recipe out of the big blue binder. I really like cooking, especially deserts. I have recently started to copy some of the recipes into a note book of mine. The big blue binder is sorted into more of less four sections. Main Dishes, (which also includes sides, and sauces) breakfast, deserts, and bread. There is also a folder in the front which holds random recipes. Then in the very back are recipes from Grammy and Grandmama.

I like the family recipes better because they are more unique. Like Grammy's oatmeal cookies and Grandmama's cheesy bacon ball. My favorite cook book right now is the kid approved cookbook. The recipes are all family tested. There are 328 recipes. Mom got it for us a while ago and we only made one thing out of it. I recently rediscovered it about a week ago. I want to cook more often but we are busy a lot of week nights and are weekends are filled with chores because we're redoing our bedrooms.

I have been doing some more cooking recently though. I made chicken and salad last night. When my Aunt came over I made pancakes and recently I made some bacon. I am going to help a ton with Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts. I will make cupcakes for Thanksgiving and I want to make pie. A little while ago I made chocolate chip cheesecake. The dinner that I made from the cookbook a while ago was cheddar cheese and bacon meat loaf with apples and caramel sauce.

I really like cooking! I really want to make a smoothie because it looks fun and I like smoothies, but we don't have the right things.


-Bye People

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Katie! I didn't start cooking until I was in high school! It's great that you are starting now!

    Can't wait to sample your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, You are going to be a great Cook! Grammy

    ReplyDelete