Sunday, March 1, 2015

Field Trip

Hi guys! So today I am going to tell you about my field trip to the Washington DC museums. My group went to three different museums but mostly just had fun. My mom was the chaperone and we had six kids (including me) in it. You get to pick your own group so everyone in it were friends of mine. We had my mom, me, Sarah, Julie, Nolan, Katelyn, and Kathleen.

So the bus ride there took about 2 hours. It was really fun just getting to sit and socialize with friends that I normally don't see outside of school. On the way up I sat next to my mom. First we went to the Holocaust museum. When we got there we took identification cards. Those cards each have a real person from the holocaust. It tells you their story. I had a girl named Elizabeth. Her parents were killed in the holocaust and she was supposed to be killed. Along with the other kids in a ghetto. The kids were driven into the woods to starve to death but a woman in a car going by heard crying and saved them. There was an entire room full of burned shoes from the holocaust. There were also thousands of last names of Jews killed. The museum was pretty depressing. We also got to light candles in a big room filled with them.















Then we walked to the National Museum. We were there mostly for lunch. I had chicken tenders, fries, and a cupcake. We talked during lunch for a while. Then we explored the gift shops there. We tried on a lot of funny hats. We had a great time. Then we looked at the aquarium inside the museum. We got to look through the nose of a whale skeleton. We also saw an extremely long giant squid. That was my favorite museum.















Next and last we went to the Indian museum. We looked around those gift shops for a while and also went to the very top of the building. We didn't have a lot of time in there though. The busses came pretty fast. It took again about two hours to get home. I slept for about a half an hour.










I had an amazing time on this trip and even though the holocaust museum was depressing I loved the people I was with.


-Bye People

No comments:

Post a Comment