Sunday, March 13, 2016

Track & Field



Hi guys! Today I am going to write about track & field.

Track & field practice started on Monday after school. A couple of my friends convinced me to sign up for track. Last week I went to the meeting where you sign up for track & field and we bought all of our gear. On Monday I went down to the field locker rooms and we had a meeting. Then after the coaches finished talking to us we ran an 800 which is half a mile and then we started our warm ups and stretches. After that we sprinted four 100's and jogged two 200's. Track practice ends at 4 and field practice ends at 5 so after track I went to field. We practiced shot put and discus.

On Tuesday after track the pole vaulting coach pulled me to the side and asked me if I was interested in doing it. We talked about it a little and I have a choice between throwing for field, pole vaulting for field, or sprinting for track. I haven't had a chance to try pole vaulting yet but I think the coach will be there on Monday. For the rest of the week I ran and threw.

My legs were extremely sore for the first 4 days but since then I've adjusted pretty well. So far track & field has been really fun. I've met a lot of new people in track & field. I also love being outside as opposed to an indoor sport like volleyball in the fall.

I'm having a lot of fun in track & field and I'm glad I joined it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: