Sunday, March 6, 2016

Being Vegetarian

Being Vegetarian

Hi guys! Today I'm going to write about why I chose to be a vegetarian, how I'm doing it, and what research I'm going to do/I have done about it.

I chose to be a healthy vegetarian because I want to be healthy, live a longer life, and be in good shape. You can live like this and eat meat but I find that the way I was eating meat, covered in things like sauces and in larger portions wasn't that healthy. So being a healthy vegetarian, I won't eat meat or anything that comes out of a bag or box like chips and candy bars, at least not very often.

With being vegetarian I have to make sure I'm getting things like calcium, vitamin d, vitamin b12, and iron. Eventually I'm going to make the meals that I eat more fresh foods because the more you cook something the more nutrients you loose. On the nutrition facts I want the sugar content to be low and have little to no saturated fats just unsaturated ones. When you're a vegetarian you still want to get the correct amount of calories just in a healthy way.

The food that I think I'm going to have the most trouble giving up is bacon. I think I'll also miss chicken wings and fried chicken. I don't really think I'll have to much of a problem giving these things up though. I can still eat things like fish and crab.

Overall I think being a vegetarian is going to be challenging at times but I think that I will stick with it.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Woah!!! I am so surprised to hear this!!! This is great, Katie! If you need some meal ideas, I'd be happy to let you in on our family favorites! ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently decided to go vegetarian as well Katie! I think that's so awesome that you're trying it out and trying to build healthier eating habits. I decided to go vegetarian because of the terrible side of animal cruelty that is involved in the meat industry. We watched a movie about it in my biology class and in all honesty it's pretty disgusting and sad. I'm so happy to hear that you're making this choice! You'll have to let me know how it's going! :)

    ReplyDelete