Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Great-Grandad

Hello! Today I will write about my Great-Grandad.

Last Friday we went to my Great-Grandad's apartment. He is moving into an apartment were a nurse can be with him 24-7. We helped him pack and move. My Dad's Aunt Melody, my Aunt Robyn, Grandmama, Grandaddy, Ashton, Dad, Melody's son Jacob, and myself were all there to help him move.

The men and Ashton, mostly the men, moved all the huge stuff and put it in his new
apartment. Us girls boxed up the small stuff that he wanted and tore through everything. Now I will tell you the pile story.

Each of the girls had a pile of things that they got to keep from Great-Grandma. I got a couple things like a cow pitcher and a Christmas cookie tin. Dad likes that story because Aunt Robyn labelled the piles for Melody, Grandmama, and herself. But I wrote my name on a post-it and made my own pile!

We miss Great-Grandad. He is not feeling well or moving much and he didn't really get to spend any time with us. We don't get to see him often because he lives so far away. It was kind of hard at times but we made it through.


- Posted by Katie

2 comments:

  1. Katie, you were a huge help to all of us!! Very quiet and gentle. Your sweet story brought tears to my eyes!! Now, every time you see your cow pitcher, you will remember that day and your great-grandmother. (She had quite a collection of mini-pitchers, didn't she.) Love, Dixiegirl in VT

    ReplyDelete